Monday, March 21, 2011

Super-Duper Tuna Sandwiches















Tom's not a big fan of canned tuna fish but I can usually coax him into eating tuna sandwiches with me about once or twice a year. Saturday was T-day! I satisfied my tuna craving and made an easy lunch, all at the same time. The addition of cannellini beans to the recipe boosts the protein and the cholesterol-lowering fiber.

White Bean Tuna Salad Sandwiches

1 large can water packed tuna, well drained
1/3 cup cannellini beans, well drained
2 stalks celery, diced
Sliced green olives
Red grapes, cut in half
Chopped walnuts
1 scoop mayonnaise
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Pinch each: freshly ground black pepper, celery seed and dill weed

Mix all, cover tightly and refrigerate at least an hour. I served the tuna salad on split sour dough rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment