Friday, August 7, 2009

Stacked Chicken Sandwiches with Tangy Coleslaw



























Inspired by my Gather friend, Shannon, I decided to create my own version of Stacked Chicken Sandwiches. I had grilled chicken breasts leftover from a previous dinner and some nice sesame rolls from the bakery.
CHICKEN SANDWICHES WITH COLESLAW
INGREDIENTS:
Grilled or baked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Rolls, buns (whatever you have)
Provolone
Red onion, sliced
Tomato, sliced
Avocado
Lettuce
CREOLE MAYO:
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
Fresh lemon juice to taste
DIRECTIONS:
I mixed the Cajon seasoning with the mayo and spread it on half of the roll. I put a slice of provolone on the other half and melted it in the micro for about 15 seconds. Then I added more mayo on top of the melted cheese, some sliced onion, tomato, avocado and lettuce, and then a chicken breast. I popped the other half of the roll on top and VOILA! a super delicious chicken sandwich.

I served the sandwiches with my slightly altered version of Shan's recipe for Tangy Coleslaw
(http://shanscookbook.blogspot.com/):
AUNT SHANNY'S TANGY COLESLAW
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. celery seed
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 c. cider vinegar
3/4 c. mayo (I used Hellman's)
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 bag shredded cabbage
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cucumber, sliced thick and quartered, seeds removed
8-10 cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
Mix all ingredients through mayo until well blended. Toss with cabbage, green onions, cucumber and tomatoes. Refrigerate at least an hour. I really loved the addition of the Dijon mustard. Shannon's recipe called for 1 tsp. salt but I used much less. I also added 1 tsp. pepper instead of 1/2 tsp. pepper.

2 comments:

  1. I am coleslaw obsessed right now! That dressing sounds great, and nice pics, you had really nice light, everything looks so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    My photos STILL aren't showing up! That makes me mad!

    ReplyDelete