Friday, August 30, 2013

My "World Famous" Lemon Bundt Cake

I admit it; I'm not a baker. When I finally break down and bake something, it's usually this lemon bundt cake. I've been making it for over 40 years! Always gets rave reviews!



LEMON BUNDT CAKE
1 pkg. Duncan Hines Deluxe ll Lemon Supreme cake mix
1 pkg. lemon instant pudding (serves 4)
1/2 cup Crisco oil
1 cup water
4 eggs
1-2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
Blend all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Bake in greased Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until the center springs back when touched lightly. Cool for 25 minutes in pan, then invert onto serving plate.

GLAZE FOR BUNDT CAKE
Blend 2 cups powdered sugar with 3 Tbsp. milk or 3 Tbsp. lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Watch carefully, as this can scorch. You can add grated lemon zest to the glaze. Spoon over cooled cake.

2 comments:

  1. Had to laugh because my stepmother used to make the same cake! She was a great cook and hostess, but not a baker. She'd always place a small glass in the center, then add a few flowers from the garden. I never use cake mixes, partly because I love the challenge of baking cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrina! Lovely to hear from you. I so admire anyone who likes the "challenge" of making cakes from scratch. I like to decorate this cake with fresh mint sprigs if I have them, or perhaps a few fresh raspberries on the plate when I serve the cake.

      Delete