Friday, January 18, 2013

Herb Baked Chicken recipe - for Jan

My friend Jan and I like to talk about recipes. She's a really good cook and I always learn something from her. I told her I'd post this one for her.
This is a favorite recipe in my winter menu rotation. It's funny how certain dishes lend themselves better to certain seasons. This is definitely cold weather comfort food, especially when paired with rice and crusty rolls. It's easy and delicious. The chicken is baked with a savory coating of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.

HERB BAKED CHICKEN 
Serves 6 - 8
The Ingredients. 
3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
 (I use Progresso Italian bread crumbs in a can)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
 (use the grated Parmesan in the tub)
2 teaspoons parsley flakes

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled

1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/2 cup melted butter

butter, unmelted
The Directions.

Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, salt, oregano, thyme, and pepper. Dip chicken in melted butter, then coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer, not touching, in a greased shallow baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake at 350° for about 1 hour, until chicken is tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment