Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Local Woman Shops Till She Drops

Yikes! I just realized I haven't posted anything here on my blog since, well, since November 17! I seem to be suffering from a bad case of . . . Christmas-itis! I've been spending my days making lists, and then checking them twice. I've spent copious amounts of time online, looking for THE perfect Christmas gifts. I've polished the silver and ironed the tablecloths. I set up my collection of vintage nutcrackers and my Tom & Jerry mugs. I've spent hours rushing from Menard's (wreath and tree-tops) to the post office (Christmas stamps) to Cub (for loaves of my favorite Vienna bread to slather with garlic butter and dill, pop in the freezer, and serve on Christmas Eve). If you should happen to see me out and about, I'm the one with pine needles and tinsel in her hair, wearing red and green and humming Christmas carols under her breath. I succumb to this same craziness every year, from Thanksgiving right up until New Year's Day. Don't get me wrong, I'm in my element and I love every minute. So, let's all sing FaLaLaLaLa-LaLa-La-La and share a slice of fruitcake. Merry, MERRY CHRISTMAS, to all of you, from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment