Saturday, November 17, 2012

Best Thanksgiving Side Dish, Ever!

Whether roast turkey will be the star of your Thanksgiving feast or tofurkey with caramelized onions and cherry relish, outstanding side dishes are essential. They can take your holiday meal from ordinary to memorable! I post this recipe every year. It's a great side dish; one of those tried and true old-time family favorites that everyone loves. I got it from my Aunt Marie. She was a tiny lady, barely five feet tall, and a marvelous cook. I treasure the recipes she shared with me.

CORN PUDDING SOUFFLE
The Ingredients.
1 can cream style corn
1 can whole kernel corn, plus liquid
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 stick butter, melted
salt and pepper
1 pkg. Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
The Directions. 
Combine and pour into an 8” buttered souffle pan. Sprinkle top with paprika and dried parsley flakes. Bake at 325 degrees for 1+ hour. Test center with a toothpick to make sure it's done.

By the time I remembered to take a picture, the corn souffle was almost gone. But you get the idea!


1 comment:

  1. This is exactly the type of dish I love - corn, cornbread, baked goodness - bookmarked for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete