Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy, Happy September ... and Happy Labor Day weekend, too!

The arrival of September didn't exactly sneak up on me. But I find it hard to believe it's here just the same. Labor Day signals the end of the long, care-free days of June, July and August. School is starting and my birthday is days away. My mom and I share the same birthday. This year, she's celebrating a real milestone. She's turning 90!

Thought I'd share one of my favorite barbecue sauce recipes. I've been making this for years. It's a nice change from the more traditional tomato based barbecue recipes. Give it a whirl if you'll be grilling chicken this weekend. We love it at our house.


Lemon Barbecue Sauce For Chicken
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 cup salad oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp. grated fresh onion (or dried onion bits)
Combine ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well. May be used to marinate chicken before grilling or brushed over chicken after grilling.

1 comment: