Thursday, September 8, 2011

My birthday lunch ...

It's that glorious time of year again, autumn in Minnesota, when the foliage blazes red and gold. In my mind, Labor Day marks the end of summer, just like Memorial Day signifies the beginning. I love fall but I've never been a fan of winter, which always, without fail, follows fall. I guess I would have to say that spring is my favorite season, because it means that - YAY - winter is finally over. September also marks the beginning of the school year ... and (drum roll), my birthday. Yesterday was THE day. And amazingly, September 7 is also my mother's birthday. We have shared and celebrated this day together since I was born.

Mom and I had lunch with my brothers and sister-in-law and my husband, Tom. We went to her favorite restaurant where we dined in style. I ordered a chicken sandwich, which was full of unexpected surprises and delicious-ness. I loved the cashews and the fact that it was covered in melty cheddar goodness.

Happy birthday ... to Mom and to me!

Warm Chicken Cashew Salad Sandwich
Chicken salad with toasted cashews atop whole wheat. Topped with melted cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment