Friday, March 25, 2011

Music For The Weekend ...



I think its only fitting that your weekend plans include some great, romantic music. If you agree, check this out!

Pink Martini, singing Let's Never Stop Falling In Love.


Pink Martini (love the name) is from Portland, Oregon, formed in 1994 by pianist Thomas Lauderdale. Their inspiration comes from music from all over the world – mixing up classical, jazz and old-fashioned pop. I love their BIG, lush sound!

Lauderdale describes the band's sound as "music of the world without being world music. If the United Nations had a house band in 1962 hopefully Pink Martini would be that band. My hope is that we’re creating exquisite musical wallpaper which can be turned up or down, and played on almost any occasion, from background music to a love affair to vacuuming around the house."

Anyone care to rumba?

4 comments:

  1. I have a Pink Martini Album " Hey Eugene".It's the one with Tempo Perdido on it. As for the occasion being background music to a love affair,mine would be more in keeping with the vacuuming,hanging out the washing or stringing beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rall: I like to think love is in the air, but in actuality, I'll be listening to Pink Martini while I'm ironing! That's it! I'll change the post title to: Music to Iron Clothes By.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pink martini came to bismarck once - i didn't go b/c the tix were too expensive for me at the time. but such good tunes - I also think there should be an entire genre of music for cleaning house. A good house cleaning album can do wonders for my kitchen floor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing...I will check them out. Have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete