Sunday, December 12, 2010

Root Beer for My Honey!





















I picked up an early Christmas present for my husband on Friday. I was at Menards to get a wreath and evergreen branches for the flower box at our front door when I happened to spot a big sign advertising Sprecher's fire-brewed, gourmet root beer. I'm pretty sure I heard Santa's jolly voice, clear as a bell, boom "Buy this for Tom!" and finish with a hearty, "Ho Ho Ho!" I'm easily influenced by Santa at this time of year, so I hauled the case of 24 bottles into my cart and brought it home. I could have used a few of the elves to bring it in the house. It was heavy!

This wonderful, old fashioned root beer has the rich, creamy flavor that comes from using pure Wisconsin honey, direct from the combs. Sprecher's is prepared at the brewery in hand-made, gas-fired brew kettles, by combining the honey with vanilla and a multitude of aromatic botanicals. The dark brew builds a delicious, frothy head when properly poured into a frosted mug. What an awesome treat!!! Thank you, Santa, for your splendid suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment