Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Frosted window panes . . .






















I love Christmas and every sentimental song that comes with it! I grew up listening to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra sing all the great schmaltzy tunes. I freely admit to being a Christmas carol junkie! And should you ever need to know the words to Mele Kalikimaka, they are still burned into my memory!

Music has always been an important part of my family's Christmas celebration. When I hear Frank sing a few bars of The Christmas Waltz, I'm instantly transported to the living room at Golden Lake, where I'm a child of ten settled by the heat register in front of huge floor to ceiling windows, watching the wind toss and drift the snow as it sparkles in the glow from the yard lights. This song has the power to bring back all of my youthful exuberance for Christmas. It's one of my favorite memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment