Saturday, November 13, 2010

Under the heading of "Now I've Seen Everything"


















When was the last time you actually admitted to eating a White Castle hamburger? White Castles, affectionately known as sliders, are the famous little square steamed beef patties and buns with fried onions. I think almost everyone has tried them at least once. It's a rite of passage for older teens and twenty-somethings to eat them after a long night of partying. It's just really tacky to admit you like them.

Now, regarding the White Castle look-alike candles. For the life of me, I can't imagine anyone wanting their house to smell like burgers and onions. On the other hand, one of these thingys would make the perfect Christmas gift for that hard-to-shop-for-person on your list (think: my brothers or my nephews).

The press release says it best:
"Packaged in a ceramic holder that reproduces the signature cardboard sleeve of the White Castle hamburger packaging, the steam-grilled-burger-on-a-bed-of-onions-scented candle satisfies the tastes and holiday gift-giving needs of White Castle lovers everywhere."
For a mere $10 you can pick one up for yourself at any White Castle restaurant, while supplies last!

2 comments:

  1. ".....On the other hand, one of these thingys would make the perfect Christmas gift for that hard-to-shop-for-person on your list..."


    *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love White Castles but I haven't had any for awhile. I'm amazed at how expensive they've become. They sold these candles last year and I found out about them too late and they were all sold out. Thanks to this post I'm off to the White Castle website right now to order a few!

    ReplyDelete