Monday, November 22, 2010

Hooray for Corn Pudding Souffle . . . and Meatless Monday!



















Whether roast turkey will be the star of your Thanksgiving feast or tofurkey with caramelized onions and cherry relish, outstanding side dishes are essential. They can take your meal from ordinary to memorable! And even though I'm not making this recipe until Thursday, I thought it was still appropriate to put up for my Meatless Monday contribution. It's a great side dish; one of those tried and true old time favorite family recipes. I got it from my Aunt Marie many years ago. She was a teeny little lady, barely five feet tall, who really knew her way around a kitchen. Her parents were in the restaurant business, so I guess cooking was in her blood. I make this wonderful corny dish every year as my offering for Thanksgiving dinner at my brother and sister-in-law's house. It's easy and every one loves it! And yes, I realize the recipe calls for one whole stick of butter, but I don't make this kind of food every day. I think it's okay to treat yourself once in a while, and this dish is definitely worth it!
CORN PUDDING SOUFFLE
1 - #2 can cream style corn
1 #2 can whole kernel corn and liquid
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 stick butter, melted
salt and pepper
1 pkg. Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
Combine and pour into an 8” buttered souffle pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1+ hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment