Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hallelujah!

Christmas Food Court Flash Mob, Hallelujah Chorus
One of the latest phenomenons to hit YouTube is the Christmas Food Court Flash Mob, singing the Hallelujah Chorus, first posted on YouTube about a week and a half ago. I caught it on one of the national morning news shows yesterday. I thought it was brilliant and had to share it.

I try to avoid the malls during the holidays, but I wish I had been in the food court when this group of over 100 ordinary-looking mall visitors (and one janitor) turned out to be a perfectly synchronized choir. Starting with one woman and one man, they launched into the Hallelujah Chorus, surprising everyone around them. Be sure you click on the link above and take a minute to listen.

For those of you who are flash mob ignorant, a flash mob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and pointless act that is either fun and/or entertaining, as well as completely unexpected. They appear for a brief time, then quickly disperse. The term flash mob is generally applied only to groups organized via telecommunications, social media, or email.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!

    Thank you. And I'll definitely be sharing this one with my Mum. She will almost certainly join in over the computer.

    ReplyDelete