Monday, October 25, 2010

A nod to Trader Joe's ...

















In case I haven't mentioned lately how much I love Trader Joe's and how thrilled I am that they opened a store here in St. Paul, let me do it now! They have great quality, reasonably priced, gourmet-type food items. It's one of my preferred places to hang out. I always get totally inspired when I'm there!

This recipe re-post is a variation on one of my all-time favorite "simple" recipes. It tastes awesome, like you fussed all afternoon, but it couldn't be easier! I used two packages of Trader Joe's fresh jumbo cheese ravioli, and at $2.50 a package, it's a steal. And then their sun-dried tomatoes! Delizioso! There’s a massive depth of flavor here: saltiness, acidity, sweetness and sourness all pinging around in your mouth! It's a culinary explosion!


Cheese Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Spinach
2 - 10 oz. pkgs. Trader Joe's Jumbo Cheese-stuffed ravioli
1 jar Trader Joe's julienne sliced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
Baby spinach, as much as you want to use
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
Prepare the ravioli according to the package directions. Add spinach to pasta water for last 1-2 minutes so it wilts. Drain pasta/spinach and return to cooking pot. Add sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes and shredded cheese. Toss and serve with shaved Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Fast, easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment