Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Easy St. Paddy's Supper ...


















Tom doesn't care for the "traditional" corned beef and cabbage Irish dinner, but I still wanted to fix something festive for supper tonight, especially since he's about 98% Irish! I decided to put together a green menu instead ... Irish grilled cheese sandwiches, Green Pea soup and little green Baked Snapea Crisps from Calbee (purchased at Trader Joe's). I thought I'd pick up the pea soup at Target, but the only brand they had was by Bear Creek, which I've never purchased before. I bought it anyway and added matchstick carrots. Next time, I might make my own, although Tom really loved this soup. Turns out, Tom loves any pea soup. We've been married for 39 years and I just found out!!! Where have I been? I wonder what other things I've missed ...

Irish Grilled Cheese
Mash 4 tablespoons softened butter with chopped chives, parsley and green onions. Spread the mixture on 4 slices wheat bread; top each with sliced Irish cheddar cheese. Cover with 4 more bread slices. Spread plain butter on the outside of the sandwiches and fry in a skillet until golden on both sides. Slice into quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment