Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bubbling brown sugar ...










I love these carrots; they add great color to the plated food and they taste delicious! I used the crinkle cut carrots I had in my freezer, but I think the whole baby carrots look prettier. The carrots get coated with this lovely brown sugar and butter glaze that makes them taste sublime! I served this with my Alpine chicken recipe.
GLAZED CARROTS
1-16 oz. bag frozen carrots (whole baby carrots or crinkle cut)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
Fresh parsley
Simmer carrots 15 minutes in pan, or until tender but not mushy. Melt butter in large saute pan and add brown sugar and salt. Add drained, cooked carrots to the butter/brown sugar glaze. Continue heating for 10 minutes, turning the carrots occasionally. Add snipped fresh parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment