Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Let the fun begin!


















It's December 1, Dear Readers! Thanksgiving and Black Friday are just memories. I'm ready to begin posting something each and every day of the month of December for the NaBloPoMo (or National Blog Posting Month) challenge.

For my very first December post here on Aunt Shoe, I thought I'd share a fantastic side dish recipe I got from my Aunt Maria. Aunt Maria is gone now, but I have lots of great memories of her. She was a tiny woman, barely 5 feet tall, with coal black hair. And she was a fabulous cook. I got this recipe from her a few years before she died. I've made it every year since then for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's incredibly simple and amazingly delicious. So, without further ado, my Aunt Maria's recipe for Corn Pudding Souffle. Oh, and by the way, I forgot to photograph it until after everyone had already passed through the buffet line at my brother and sister-in-law's on Thanksgiving. As you can see, it was very popular!

CORN PUDDING SOUFFLE
1 - #2 can cream style corn
1 - #2 can whole kernel corn plus liquid
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 stick butter, melted
salt and pepper
1 pkg. Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
Combine and pour into an 8” buttered souffle pan. Sprinkle top with paprika and parsley flakes. Bake at 325 degrees for 1+ hour.

NOTE: Some favorite older recipes may call for can sizes such as a Number 2 or a Number 303 can. A #2 can is approximately 20 ounces or 2 1/2 cups. I use a standard size for the canned corns, approximately 15.25 ounces, and it works just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment