Monday, December 14, 2009

An Easy Dessert

















An Easy Dessert
As most of you already know, I'm not above taking a short cut in the kitchen from time to time (read always), especially when it comes to baking. One of my favorite easy desserts is warm gingerbread, made with Trader Joe’s Deep Dark Gingerbread Mix. It’s the best boxed gingerbread I've tasted, moist and spicy, with cocoa and plenty of ginger. You can add raisins, chopped nuts or a cup of chopped apples or pears before baking, if desired. I recommend eating it warm (or reheated gently in the oven) and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Real whipped cream is also lovely on top. And of course, it smells wonderfully delicious when baking ... mmmmmm m good!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy.

    We have finally gotten a Trader Joe's here. It opened about 2 months ago. I was a little disappointed in it since I had heard so many wonderful things about it over the years. I'll have to go back and give it another shot I guess.

    ReplyDelete