Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cupcakes and Other Goodies ...

















There's a great little bakery next to the shop where I get my pedicures done (okay, so now you know one of my guilty pleasures). It's called Sweets Bakeshop on Marshall Avenue in St. Paul, and it's not your average bakery. They don't have a jelly doughnut on the premises! I stopped in yesterday just to see what was new. They bake from scratch daily using natural, local ingredients whenever possible, such as butter from Hope Creamery located in Hope, Minnesota and organic, free-range eggs from Larry Schultz Organic Farm in Owatonna, Minnesota. They keep things interesting by constantly updating their menu and offering both innovative and classic flavors.

They sell gorgeous French Macaroons in flavors like Chocolate, Banana, Lavender Caramel, Mocha, Mint Basil, Turtle, and Mango, to name a few, and cupcakes in flavors with wonderful names like Kettle Corn, Coconut Ginger, Tiramisu, Peanut Butter Cup, Berries and Champagne and Lavender. These are not inexpensive but are definitely spectacular and worth paying a little extra for a special occasion! I asked the young woman working if I could take a few pictures. I love the way these pretty fondant flower topped cupcakes were displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment