Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poppy Salad











Oh my gosh!!! This salad is so awesome. I got the recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Rhubarb and Venison, by new mom Beth in Bismark, ND (http://rhubarbandvenison.blogspot.com/). I came across it a few days ago and shared the recipe with my daughter, Katie. She made it first and then I made it ... and we both LOVE it. I recommend this to all of you to serve at your first picnic or barbecue of the summer. I think you'll love it, too! Beth named it EASY SALAD; my daughter calls it POPPY SALAD. It's served here with salmon and breadsticks. I am currently fighting a severe addiction to this salad ... I absolutely must have it every few days!
Poppy Salad
1 bag romaine
1 bag coleslaw
1/2 c. sliced almonds
Sliced strawberries
3-4 green onions, sliced
1 c. chow mein noodles
1/2 bottle Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing
Mix romaine, coleslaw, almonds and onions together in large bowl. Add dressing and toss. Just before serving, add chow mein noodles and toss once more. Top with sliced strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so super flattered by your post, so glad you tried this salad! I eat this all summer, I swear. If only the chinese noodles would stay crunchy in the leftovers :( Hope all is well over in MN. PS - looking at your profile, do you post your poetry anywhere for folks like me to read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful, where are you getting that dressing from though?

    ReplyDelete