Sunday, June 24, 2012

Roasted to Perfection

It's definitely not the right kind of weather (85+ degrees) for roasting veggies in the oven, but I've been CRAVING them, so I threw good sense out the window before I closed it and cranked up the A/C!

Roasted Baby Carrots with Balsamic Honey Glaze
I had 2 bags of baby carrots on hand, along with a 16 oz. box of whole mushrooms and 3 yellow onions. I was off to a great start!

Line 2 jelly roll pans with tin foil for easy clean-up. Split up the veggies, half on each pan. Drizzle each pan of veggies with 2 T. olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, a pinch red pepper flakes and fresh chives. I actually mixed it all together and combined with the veggies before the mix went on the pans. I had to use dried chives. Fresh parsley would have been nice, too. Roast at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Pull out of the oven and stir veggies. Place back in oven for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven, mix together about 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons honey, and about 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, per pan. Drizzle over veggies. Stir gently and pop back in oven for about 3-5 more minutes. They will be roasted to perfection & taste wonderful. Serve with grilled chicken or pork tenderloin. We had ours vegetarian style (with none of the above), just crusty sourdough rolls.

1 comment: