Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pinterest Junkie

If you noticed I haven't posted anything for a while (six weeks, but who's counting), you may be wondering what happened to me and where I've been. The explanation is simple. I got caught up in all of the wonderful design/decorating ideas on Pinterest and decided to give our house a much needed do-over, without spending any money. I started by cleaning cupboards and drawers and closets to get rid of all the excess clutter. Then I got down to business. I changed pictures and books and accessories all around the house, furniture too, borrowing some goodies from my daughter and some from our attic. I ended up buying one inexpensive upholstered chair for my office, from Ikea, and new bed sheets. A few fun items were purchased at local thrift shops. My awesome brother and nephew helped us move some old furniture out and dismantle a desk. I have ended up with a fresh new look for next to nothing. And I'm not done yet!

And speaking of Pinterest, here's a great, easy recipe I made for dinner last night, found on Pinterest. I guess you could call me a Pinterest Junkie. So many great ideas, so little time!














Sun Dried Tomato Garlic Chicken Bake
The Ingredients.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
8.5 oz jar of julienne cut sun dried tomatoes, including liquid
8 garlic cloves, sliced thin
2 tablespoons dried basil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
The Directions.
Preheat oven to 375. Place the chicken breasts in a large glass baking dish. Sprinkle with the dry spices. Sprinkle the sliced garlic on top and spread the sun dried tomatoes over everything, using all the olive oil in the jar. Seal tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. I baked it longer because I like my chicken very well done (some might say almost dry but this was VERY moist and juicy).
The Verdict.
This delicious recipe originally came from a blog called Everday Paleo. Paleo is a new word for me. I googled it and learned the Paleo Diet, also called the Cave Man Diet, is a way of eating that best mimics diets of our hunter-gatherer ancestors - lean meats, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. It's an interesting concept. The dish got a big thumbs up from me and my husband. It was easy and really yummy! I don't think the Cave Men ever got to eat anything this tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Marianne, Len is out of town. He'll be home Sunday or Monday. This will be dinner when he returns. It sounds delicious! I'm glad I happened across this blog. I'll be checking out your recipes, now, too. It should make my family happy. :)

    ReplyDelete