Thursday, August 18, 2011

Another cold salad perfect for a summer supper...














I have a great fondness for pasta. I like it saucy or in salads. I like it served cold or piping hot. When the summer days are sizzling, I find a cold pasta salad like this one makes the perfect supper, and if I'm lucky, lunch leftovers the following day.

Tuna Macaroni Salad
2-3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 can (9 oz) water packed tuna, drained and flaked
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 pt. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 can black olives, drained
1/2 cup sliced green olives
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
Yellow mustard (I just squeezed a nice blob)
1/2 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Combine mayonnaise through pepper and set aside. Cook macaroni as directed on package, rinse with cold water and drain.
In large bowl, mix macaroni with remaining ingredients. Add dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment