Thursday, May 5, 2011

A-tisket, a-tasket ... pink and purple baskets!

















I have a collection of white tag-sale pitchers of different shapes and sizes I use to decorate different parts of our house. I have displayed them in a row across the built-in-buffet in our Arts and Crafts style dining room. And I've grouped them on a silver gallery tray on a serving cart. A few weeks ago, I was the happy recipient of a dozen tiny baskets. My mother was in house-cleaning mode and I showed up at just the right moment. She wanted to get rid of them and I can never resist hand-me-down goodies. I knew I'd find a use for them and I did almost immediately. I arranged them on the gallery tray with the white pitchers. They were perfect for Easter and they worked for May Day. And I think maybe I can get one more week out of them. I'll display them through Mother's Day. Then it will be time to pack them away until next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment