Sunday, May 8, 2011

Celebrate Your Mom

My beautiful Mother will be eighty-nine in September. She is a true lady in every sense of the word. I love this picture of her, serene and relaxed, her garden in the background. Her garden is one of those old-fashioned paradises which hardly exist anymore. Mom loves gardening, reading (especially mysteries), cooking, knitting (she makes exceptional baby blankets), crossword puzzles, Bridge, her family and God. She is one of the most spiritual people I know. And you should also know my mom is a huge baseball fan, although she hasn't been very happy with the Minnesota Twins this year! Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you.






















"Most of the beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins and friends - but only one mother in the whole world."
~Kate Douglas Wiggin

No comments:

Post a Comment