Wednesday, December 22, 2010

stuff i ❤






















stuff i ❤
These last few days before Christmas are always hectic at our house. I tend to take on a bit more than I should and I get a little frantic. I still want to serve good dinners but some nights I'm too tired to make anything but frozen pizza. But we can't eat frozen pizza every night! Last night I opted for sandwiches. I picked up a loaf of Archer Farms sourdough bread at Super Target, along with cranberry rubbed turkey from the deli, sliced very thin. This turkey is only sold from Thanksgiving through Christmas and the flavor is amazing. They also use orange peel and red pepper flakes in the rub! I toasted the bread, melted Swiss cheese, added the turkey and topped it all off with one of my favorite things: Gun Flint Trail wild raspberry jalapeno jam, made in Grand Marais, Minnesota, home of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and sold at The Bibelot Shops. This incredible "home-made" jam adds color and a great kick to an already awesome sandwich. I most definitely recommend it, if you think you'd like the heat of jalapeno mixed with the sweet of the jam. If you don't like spicy, substitute regular deli turkey and whole berry cranberry sauce; the kind that comes in a can works just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment