Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The perfect cookie for fall ... or anytime!
















I've never been much of a cookie baker. A cookie eater, definitely, but making them is ho-hum dullsville for me. I vividly remember when my three brothers and I were growing up. Our sweet mama made hundreds of dozens of cookies for us. I think she could have made her version of chocolate chip cookies, she called them Cowboy Cookies, in her sleep, with one hand tied behind her back. Believe me when I tell you my mom is a champion when it comes to stirring dense, stiff cookie dough!

Here's a wonderful little recipe for Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Chocolate Chunk (WHEW!) Cookies my daughter shared. They're awesome. I prefer them with a tall glass of icy cold milk, but coffee is good, too.

Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Chocolate Chunk (WHEW!) Cookies
INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 6-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
I also added about 1/4-1/2 cup semi-sweet chips & 1/4-1/2 cup walnuts ~ totally made the recipe AWESOME!

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment