Friday, October 8, 2010

A tasty twist on chicken and stuffing . . .



















As you know, I'm constantly searching for easy recipes. Everyone I know likes good food but they don't like spending hours (days) in the kitchen! I was just reading a cookie recipe in a magazine where the total prep time involved was 27 hours (which included chilling, baking and cooling)! Uh, according to my calculations, that's one entire day plus three hours, whichever way your cookie crumbles! Thinking about all the time involved for those cookies makes me feel faint. I would never give that much of my energy to anything. It's just not in me. I don't think that means I'm a lazy cook, I just know my limitations! This chicken recipe is fast and easy and delicious. It goes together quickly. You can make it more health conscious by using FAT-FREE mozzarella.

Bruschetta Chicken Bake
1-14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
6 oz bread stuffing dry mix (I used herb seasoned stuffing mix)
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Season chicken with salt and pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Place tomatoes with liquid in medium bowl. Add garlic and stuffing mix and 1/2 c water. Stir just until stuffing is moistened. Set aside. Place seasoned chicken in 13 x 9 baking dish. Sprinkle with basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. I thought the stuffing got too brown too fast. I think I would bake it at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or lightly cover the chicken with foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment