Monday, September 6, 2010

Roasted grape tomatoes ... for Meatless Monday!


















I can't believe it's Labor Day; it always sneaks up on me. Summer is unofficially over this weekend. We all know there will be a few more hot days, but I can almost feel those icy winter winds blowing down my neck. This sunny little recipe is light, flavorful and EASY, my favorite combination! I got it from my friend, Shannon, another amazing cook! The original recipe does not call for Parmesan cheese, but I felt it really needed it to take this dish to the next level.

Spaghetti with Roasted Grape Tomatoes
4 cups grape, pear or cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved (I used grape tomatoes)
extra virgin olive oil, divided
sea salt, divided
8 oz uncooked spaghetti
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (I used fresh spinach as I didn't have the basil)
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup (2 oz) ricotta salata cheese, crumbled (I used crumbled Feta)
freshly grated Parmesan to serve

Preheat oven to 400°.

Place tomatoes on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 10 minutes. You will need as much juice from the tomatoes as you can get for your pasta sauce.

Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss spinach in with pasta for last 2 minutes of cooking and it will wilt perfectly! Drain pasta and spinach, reserving about 1/4-1/3 cup cooking liquid. (Note: the amount you use will vary according to how much liquid the tomatoes give off).

Return pasta and reserved liquid to hot pasta cooking pan; stir in tomatoes, a drizzle or two of oil, salt, basil (or spinach), pepper and cheese. Toss well.

Serve immediately garnished with Parmesan.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. Dinner tonight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! Look so yummy!

    Also, thanks for linking to my blog (and checking it out)!!

    xo
    Jen (from Domestic Divas)

    ReplyDelete