Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hard-Boiled Eggs 101 ...


















Hard-boiled eggs are great for all kinds of eggy things: salads, dinners, snacks and Easter egg hunts! Summertime is the perfect time to make deviled eggs for pic-nics. Then there's my personal favorite, the egg salad sandwich. The perfect HBE is thoroughly cooked, it doesn't have a gray ring around the yolk, and it's easy to peel. Luckily, making the perfect hard-boiled egg is easy. And yes, you can use fresh eggs or older eggs when making HBE.

First, you must decide how many eggs you want to hard-boil. Put them gently in a pan and completely cover them with cold water. You can do two layers of eggs, but I usually do one layer. Just make sure your pan is big enough to hold all the eggs. And make sure you completely cover all of them with water.

Next, place the pan containing the eggs on the stove over HIGH heat. Bring the water to a rolling boil. I let the eggs boil for about 30 seconds. Then I turn the heat OFF, cover the pan and set the timer for 10 minutes. And voila! Perfect hard-boiled eggs every time!

Stay tuned! For my NEXT post, I'll be sharing my all-time favorite egg-salad sandwich recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment