Thursday, February 4, 2010

A saucy supper ...


















This is my favorite "go to" supper when I want an easy dinner really fast. I start with a jar of pasta sauce. I like to use Archer Farms Arrabbiata Sauce, a nice spicy red pepper sauce. I add Italian diced tomatoes, juice and all, and sliced mushrooms. Next, I toss in red pepper flakes, black pepper, and basil or oregano. If I have Trader Joe's garlic chicken sausage on hand, I'll slice and saute them and into the sauce they go. While all this is going on, I cook my spaghetti. I use wheat pasta as often as I can.
Saucy Sauce
1 jar pasta sauce
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1 can salt-free sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano or basil
1 pkg. Trader Joe's garlic chicken sausage, sliced and sauteed
1 box whole wheat spaghetti
Parmesan cheese
Simmer sauce. Serve over pasta and top with additional red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. looks like garlic goodness! btw ~ i have already used the cookbook you created for me twice ~ and i've only had it one week! BEST GIFT EVER!

    ReplyDelete