Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Souper" Saturday


















I've been hungry for soup, something on the spicy side, with lots of flavor. I tossed together a few ingredients I had on hand and it was delicious. The only thing I didn't have that I wanted was fresh spinach. That would have been the perfect finishing touch.

MY SUPER SOUP
Ingredients:
3 seasoned chicken breasts, baked & cubed
1 large can chicken broth
1 onion, diced
carrots, cut in thin matchsticks
2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
1 can hominy, rinsed & drained
1 can corn, rinsed & drained
1 small can fire roasted peppers
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Directions:
While chicken is baking, saute onion and carrots in Dutch oven or large pot. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add beans, hominy, corn, peppers, chicken and herbs. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add more chicken broth if needed. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment