Sunday, November 1, 2009

Great-Grandma's Pumpkin Bread Recipe ...























This is my mom's pumpkin bread recipe. She's been making it for years and it's always perfect. It's moist with great pumpkin flavor. I haven't made any yet this fall because I've been busy helping my daughter take care of her new baby, also known as Punkin' since she sported her first Halloween costume yesterday! Her stylish hat might be just a tad too big!
PUMPKIN BREAD
Mix:
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup salad oil
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
Sift:
1-3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. each:
ground cloves
nutmeg
cinnamon
allspice
Add:
1/3 cup water
chopped walnuts
Bake 1 hour in greased loaf pan at 350*. Double recipe makes 3 loaves of bread if you use 8-1/2” x 4-1/2” pans. One 15 oz. can of pumpkin is enough.

2 comments:

  1. Your grandbaby is adorable!

    The bread sounds yummy. I don't believe I've ever eaten pumpkin bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just want to plant a big sloppy kiss on that baby's cheek?? So cute.

    ReplyDelete