Thursday, September 24, 2009

One of my all-time favorite desserts ...

My dad used to make this when I was a kid. It's a great dessert treat and so easy to fix. And now is the best time to make it because cantaloupes are at their peak of flavor ... and they're cheap. I got some for 89 cents a piece last week at Aldis. There's something about the velvety smooth ice cream paired with the sweet melon that I find irresistible. And it brings back lovely memories! CANTALOUPE SUNDAE WITH ICE CREAM Ingredients: • 1 Whole cantaloupe • 4 Scoops vanilla ice cream • 2 Sprigs mint Preparation: Cut melons in half, remove seeds, slice quarter size round off bottom of each melon half so it sits flat. Fill cavities with equal amounts of ice cream (approximately 2 scoops). Serve immediately with mint sprig garnish. You could also top these with fresh blueberries and strawberries. Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment