Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A tasty little salad ...














I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love easy recipes! And this one wins the prize for simple and uncomplicated! I found it at an awesome blog, Orangette (http://orangette.blogspot.com/2007/01/brown-bag-it.html). It's light and fresh, full of good protein, and makes a perfect lunch.
CHICKPEA SALAD WITH LEMON & PARMESAN
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1-1/2 tsp. olive oil
A pinch of salt & pepper
1/4 cup loosely packed shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir gently to mix. Taste, and
adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve immediately, or chill, covered,
until serving.

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds great to me. I love Chickpeas and never thought of combining them with Parmigiano Reggiano, which is one of our favorite cheeses.

    ReplyDelete