Friday, February 6, 2009

My world famous salsa chicken!














This is a fabulous dish ... and it goes together really fast. I used HOT salsa but mild or medium work, too. I also used HOT taco seasoning. Serve this with Spanish rice and a tossed salad and you're all set.

SALSA CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS
• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
• 1-16 oz. jar salsa - I used Pace chunky (HOT!)
• Shredded Cheddar cheese
• Sour cream

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
2. Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
4. Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.

NOTE: I added about half a can of drained and rinsed black beans to the salsa. Next time I make this, I'll add a can of whole kernel corn to the salsa as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment