Friday, January 30, 2009

The BEST wild rice I've ever tasted!













This is my mother-in-law's recipe for Wild Rice. She got it from Lund's over 30 years ago. Trust me, it's so good, you'll want to make it. And it was perfect with Katie's brisket.

WILD RICE CASSEROLE
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup wild rice
1 chopped onion
3 stalks chopped celery
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. butter
1 quart chicken broth
1/2 cup slivered almonds
DIRECTIONS:
Wash rice. I put rice in a strainer with TINY holes and pour boiling water over it. Some people prefer to rinse with cold water. I do this 2-3 times!
Combine all the ingredients. Place in a casserole. Bake covered at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until all chicken broth is absorbed. May be prepared in advance. This freezes well. Recipe doubles well. I tossed the slivered almonds in just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment