Thursday, January 15, 2009

My very first blog post ...

Greetings and welcome to my brand new blog, AUNTSHOE!
For some unknoiwn reason, I've always wanted a blog of my own ... I guess I think I have a lot to say. I love to collect and share recipes and I enjoy sharing my poems. As my son says, this is probably one of the only poetry/recipe blogs around. Someday, I'd love to publish a book of my poetry. And I'd also like to publish a cookbook. Maybe I'll figure out a way to combine them! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Hope you will return often ... 
Next time I make this recipe, I'll sprinkle the top with fresh chopped parsley to make it look pretty! Even some dried parsley added to the bread crumbs would jazz up the appearance. This was so tasty ... wish I had remembered to take a photo! 

FETTUCCINE WITH ARTICHOKES AND CANNELLINI 
Ingredients: 
3/4# fettuccine 
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp. olive oil 
2 cloves garlic, chopped 
1 - 15.6 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed 
1 - 13.75 oz. can artichokes, quartered and drained 
Kosher salt and black pepper 
Red chili pepper flakes, plus additional for sprinkling on top 
1 slice white bread, toasted (or prepared bread crumbs) 
1 tsp. dried oregano 
Parmesan cheese to sprinkle over the top 

Directions: 
1) Cook pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot. 
2) Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add beans, artichokes, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook 3-4 minutes until heated through. 
3) Pulse bread in food processor until coarse crumbs form (or use prepared Italian bread crumbs, as I did). Add oregano and remaining tsp. olive oil and combine well. 
 4) Toss pasta with artichoke mixture and reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment